- Riccardo Maria Monti
From May 2019 he is Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Triboo, second italian digital service and e-commerce company, listed on Milan Stock Exchange. Previously from January 2019 we was Board Member and Executive Director in the same company.
From July 2016 to December 2018 he was Chairman of Italferr S.p.A., Italy Largest Engineering firm, active in 30 countries in infrastructure projects. Italferr is Owned by Italian Ministry of Finance through Italian Railways. Italferr is specialized in conventional and high-speed railways, Metro systems and road transport, in the design of ports and train stations.
From April 2016 to July 2016 he was Chairman of Grandi Stazioni S.p.A. and he worked on the final phase of the privatization process.
From April 2012 to June 2016 he was Chairman of the Italian Trade Promotion Agency with the mission to support the internationalization of Italian firms and to attract Foreign Investments.
He is presently Board Member of Assocamerestero (the association of the Italian chambers of commerce overseas) and Advanced Capital, a primary “Alternative Investment” firm.
From 2012 to 2016 he was Vice President of SIMEST (the public company in charge of venture capital and financial support for Italian investments overseas) and from 2012 to 2013, he was the Personal Advisor for International Affairs of the Italian Minister of Economic Development. These charges have given him the opportunity to consolidate a global network, especially in relation to “cross-border investments”, made up of governments and public institutions, important entrepreneurs, and investment funds in countries of the major areas and regions of the world. Riccardo Maria Monti has worked with corporations and governments in over 40 countries, particularly in large emerging markets (America Latin America, Asia, the Middle East) dealing with privatization and projects of international expansion and relocation.
From 1998 to 2012, he managed the development and internationalization of the Value Partners Group, building it from a boutique with 30 consultants into a preeminent Italian multinational professional services firm by 2012, operating with approximately 3,000 employees in 15 offices worldwide. During this time, he gained a thorough knowledge of the Italian industrial system (both in the traditional sectors of the ‘Made in Italy’ and in the areas of high-technology) and its development abroad.
He is also Founder or Co-Founder of several companies in the energy sector (Unico Energia), green mobility (Power Station), digital (Dini Export) and professional services (Tecnosystem).
Other Studies and Fellowships:
·From October 2016 he is Professor of Economics and Business Management (SECS-P/08) at the Mercatorum University, Telematic University of the Italian Chambers of Commerce.
· From 2019 he is Professor at LUISS Business School in the Master MBA Full-Time, where direct the Course on “Managing International Companies”.
·From 2019 he is Professor at Link Campus University in the Master in Globalization, Governance and International Understanding, organized in partnership with the State University “Lomonosov” of Moscow.
· Research Fellowship in International Management at Columbia University, New York.
· Master in Management of Technology, Brooklyn Polytechnic, New York.
· Languages: Italian, English, Portuguese, French, and Spanish.
· from May 2019 is Chief Executive Officer of Triboo S.p.A.
· Previously from January 2019 was Board Member and Executive Director in the same company
· from July 2016 to December 2018 was Chairman of Italferr S.p.A
· from April 2016 to July 2016 was Chairman of Grandi Stazioni S.p.A.
· from April 2012 to April 2016 was Chairman of the Italian Trade Promotion Agency
· 2012 –2016: Vice President, SIMEST and Board Member of Assocamerestero
· 2012-2013: Personal Advisor for International Affairs, Italian Minister of Economic Development
· 1999-2012: Executive Director (Chief Executive) at Value Partners
· 1995-98: at Booz Allen & Hamilton, with increasing responsibilities in CMT
(Communications, Media, Technology)
· 1993: Logic Consulting, responsible for area operations
· 1991-92: Federmeccanica, Rome, project manager in the project ‘Logica’
· 1990-91: Gec Alsthom in Paris, as an analyst and member of the TQM
He has always been involved in non-profit and charity initiatives:
• In his youth, in the Catholic field, he coordinated a voluntary group at the Ospizio Marino Padre Ludovico da Casoria.
• since 2007 he is Treasurer of the Board of the Robert Kennedy Foundation, which has been working on projects in Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
• Since 2012 he has been in the Steering Committee of the Association “L’Altra Napoli ONLUS”, working on important projects of relaunching in the most disadvantaged areas of Naples, starting from the “Rione Sanità”. Among the most important projects realized could be mentioned the Sanitansable youth musical group (often performed in RAI and in the presence of the Holy Father and of the President of the Italian Republic) and the release of the catacombs of San Gennaro.
He is the author of the book “Sud perché no?”, edited by Laterza (2018). In the essay, starting from the professional experience carried out at the service of institutions and with investors for the internationalization and promotion of Italy in the world, is outlines a strategy composed by 8 points for the relaunch of the “Mezzogiorno Region”.
“Meritorious Honor Award” of Poland State, awarded to Italian personalities who have contributed significantly to the development of economic cooperation between Italy and Poland, conferred on 18 November 2016 by H.E. Tomasz Orlowski, Ambassador of Poland to Italy